MONGOLIAN LAW ON ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
Article 101: Environmental audit
The legal entities that consume, explore natural resources are required to have an environmental audit be carried out every two years and to implement related recommendation accordingly, and obliged to send the implementation report of the non-compliance activity to local environmental authority.
SPECIFICATION OF ENVIRONMENTAL AUDIT
Environmental auditing is so different than inspection of the General agency for specialized inspection, state and financial auditing by the followings:
- To protect nature thus preventing risks that might occur in the near future.
- To protect legal entities from risks that might occur in the near future caused by environmental degradation.
- Based on the cooperation between government and private sectors, to provide sustainably consumption of the natural resources and policy on green development.
- To make independent and lateral monitoring on own activities of legal entities without state participation.
- Do not count legal liability on non-compliance activities.