Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I would prefer to win a World Cup

Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi has stressed he would rather lift the World Cup with Argentina than win a fifth Ballon d'Or trophy.

Messi is the favorite to claim the prestigious individual award in Zurich on Monday, ahead of club teammate Neymar and Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo.

The prolific attacker came close to being crowned world champion in 2014, but Germany eventually proved to be too strong in the final, much FIFA 16 Points to Messi's frustration.

"I would prefer to win a World Cup rather than five Ballons d'Or if I had to choose, " Messi said at a news conference. "I have always said that I prefer team achievements and the World Cup is the biggest trophy out there. "

The 28-year-old has faced stiff competition from Ronaldo in the race for the Ballon d'Or in recent years, but he is not jealous of the Real Madrid man's success.

"I don't envy Cristiano, that is a bad personality trait, " he added. "I am the way I am and he is the way he is. He has a lot of qualities that everybody wants to have. "fifiaqowe