Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some of the most important words

"I don't feel pressure to win the Ballon d'Or. I am just happy to be here again. It is an honor. "

He added: "Messi's left foot is very good — I would like to have that. "

Reflecting on the work he has put in to reach the summit of the world game, Ronaldo focused on cheap FIFA 16 Points and ability to thrive under pressure as two critical elements in his rise to the top.

"Some of the most important words in my life are dedication and hard work. You have to be a professional and be serious. It is not a coincidence that I am here for the eighth time, " he said. "We all have talent, but talent without the work is nothing. So I am pleased to be here. I want to keep breaking records. I love to play football and to break records.

"In the beginning of my career, when I signed for Manchester United, I asked for No. 28. But the coach told me I was going to wear No. 7. I was a bit afraid at first because I knew [David] Beckham had worn that shirt. But I accepted the challenge and it has been my lucky number since. I have won so much with this number. "

With the award ceremony taking place at FIFA HQ — the epicenter of recent corruption allegations and site of many arrests that have rocked the soccer world — the Portuguese did not want to be drawn on the murkier side of the game.

"There is corruption everywhere in the world, " he said. "These things not only happen in football. We just try to focus on playing football. "fifiaqowe