Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

. . .]

. .] There is no query about police sexual violence toward drug customers, that's routine. If they catch a female drug user, she will one hundred service them, and after that they may return to enterprise. Male PWID #3 Whilst many assumed that girls involved in selling sex were at unique risk of sexual violence, other people pointed out that women in general and people that use drugs in certain are vulnerable. This CSO representative refers to triple stigma when she explains: Women drug users have no protection. Persons feel they need to have to become protected from drug customers. Some girls are triple stigmatized, simply because they are drug users, they may be female drug users, and they are HIV optimistic female drug users. Female international professional #3 One more Russian CSO representative reasoned that although sex workers are additional vulnerable, girls who inject drugs and are not sex workers are also at danger of sexual violence from police: [Who do you feel becomes a victim of sexual violence?] In our city [St. Petersburg] it can be largely sex workers, for the reason that they're exposed completely and they just stand on the streets, and police can pick them up, any time, any day. But, any drug user can develop into a victim. Like, by way of example, a single woman told me how even prior to she became a sex worker, she had this interaction with her nearby police officer who wanted to rape her. So, any kind of vulnerable woman can become a victim. Female CSO employees #4 Women who use drugs and engage in sex perform might not view these abuses as ``violence,'' but as transactional in nature ?trading sex to prevent police harassment. This CSO respondent explained that women who inject drugs and sell sex perceive sexual violence not as violence, but rather as sexual BAY 85-3934 biological activity coercion being an ``occupational hazard'' for those who are recognized to sell sex: When we have been speaking to a group of IDU females about this very problem of police violence, the query was basically, what sort of violence do you encounter when coping with the police? And we talked about some things, however it only came up LATER [emphasis], when we were speaking concerning the challenge of police remedy, uh . . . that the police occasionally coerce some kind of sexual favor to leave them alone. So it's not like they're BEATEN [emphasis], into submission? But it's coercion. And what was intriguing was that, when I had asked the question about violence earlier, and I had employed thatword, ``violence,'' they didn't mention it in THAT [emphasis], context. [. . .] So they did not necessarily see the sexual coercion a0016355 as ``violence,'' but far more as, um, like pretty much . . . I, I do not choose to say ``an occupational security hazard,'' but type of like, the price of doing enterprise. [. . .] In some cases they do not even fully grasp that WHAT they're being subjected to is often characterized as violence. It really is just so much a a part of what they've had to deal with more than the years they've been a sex worker or even a drug user that it does not even register. They see violence only as becoming beaten.