Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Origins Of Scientific Materialism

This is being reposted to restore the link to this original post. If you were at a social gathering full of happy, positive people and there was that one negative person, complaining about the food, or the music, or the outfit that someone was wearing, etc., I could almost guarantee that most people would want to avoid that person and all of their negativity.

Law of attraction methods rely on faith in the universe - make no plans and take no action (so say the LOA experts). You are correct that I do not believe in a law of attraction. It makes using law of attraction easier when we know how malleable our beliefs are; how flexible our rituals, and even how ancient and diverse are our gods.

In addition to leading people into a destructive state of mind, psychologist Jenna Baddeley says that adopting the Law of Attraction as valid promotes a relationship between the individual and the world that is akin to a glorified infancy.” She also says that believing that bad things are the fault of the person experiencing them leads people to a decreased state of empathy, since the victim is the one who is blamed for what's happening to them.

It describes the law of attraction as a tool for single mindedness, confirmation bias and is highly interesting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSkL-vUouA8 The law of attraction has full sway. One of the seven laws of our solar system, under the three major laws, and governs the time of an individual's rebirth.

Recently I decided to put the law of attraction to work getting a new job in a company I wanted to work for, an opening became available, I applied, I got an interview, I saw myself in that position, I had so much faith in getting this job I wrote my resignation letter, I bought new clothes for the job, I even told my family about this new job I was going to get and what happened?

The Secret taught me 2 very valuable lessons 5 years ago that changed my life. The history of the Law of Attraction is something that is impossible to measure, as it began with the creation of the universe. Recognizing and getting a brief understanding of the full circle of universal laws will make working with the law of attraction” easier.

The idea is that we can get just what we want in life by maintaining positive thoughts; that believing in a positive outcome can 'attract' it from the universe. As a result of the filmThe Secret,millions of people have become aware of the principle called the Law of Attraction, which explains the creative process through which the unseen world gives birth to the circumstances and events of our lives.

In spite of all that, I don't think the Law of Attraction is entirely bogus. "In fact, there is no law of attraction” in quantum physics." <- Maybe yes, maybe no. For me, The Secret delivers a powerful message beyond simply asking the universe for things and then manifesting them.<br/>
The law of conservation of energy was heralded by Faraday as the most important discovery of the century, as the highest in physical sciences, which our faculties permit us to perceive (Youmans, 1876). Despite plenty of anecdotal evidence of The Secret Law of Attraction working, no real science is available to support it, and plenty of anecdotal evidence of it not working also exists.

If after reading Origins and you feel that urge to change, even if the content just makes sense, then you will start to take action and see how life starts to unfold all the better for you. For example, if you think predominately angry thoughts you will attract angry people and experiences into your life.