Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Surprising Advantages of A Good Night's Sleep

Sleep is amongst the best things for our health, and awakening from a good night's sleep can leave us refreshed, energised and prepared for the entire day.

However, sleep is among the stuff that can often be overlooked in our society, despite the fact that there are a number of surprising great things about an excellent night's sleep. In accordance with sleep expert Shawn Stevenson, numerous us are chronically sleep-deprived today. He proceeds to claim that reduced sleep can cause disease fighting capability failure, diabetes, cancer, obesity, depression, and memory loss in order to name some.

According to him the best time to attend sleep is by 10pm, the time that melatonin starts for adults and you set out to feel sleepy. Melatonin is a hormone that regulates your sleep and wake cycles. It is between 10pm and 2am that you get the best respite, plus your body repairs itself.

There is also an economic impact of lack of sleep. The Sleep School (thesleepschool.org), says that "poor sleep costs the economy ?40 billion each year". The Rand Report (2016) looks in more detail at the economic impact of inadequate sleep.

Sleep can benefit the conversion of short-term memories into long-term memories, and help with our degree of creativity. Health.com cites that researchers at Harvard University and Boston College found "people manage to strengthen the emotional pieces of memory while sleeping, which can help spur the creative process."

Additionally, it sites a Stanford University study linking 10+ hours per night respite to comprehend performance, more stamina and less daytime fatigue among college football games players.

To me, it is just recently been that I've really started to see the surprising advantages of an excellent night's sleep. Before changing my sleep habits all night to sleep much earlier, I discovered, most of the time, I would feel lethargic in daytime, was constantly exhausted, and had limited focus.

Sleeping before midnight all night . between seven and nine hours sleep typically means I now have an overabundance energy in daytime, better focus and i am more productive than ever before.

Lack of sleep could have a serious impact on our cognitive functions, mood well as over time can bring about chronic conditions from CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome) to cancer. Studies suggest the optimum level of sleep we'd like every night is 7-10 hours.

For additional information about acupressure mat benefits go this webpage.