Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kelly Caldwell - Guelph Realtor

A little while ago, a pal of mine told me a pal of hers was selling his Guelph home, and lamented that it was not going well for him. Word from her friend was there was without any sales activity as well as the listing agent didn’t are working on getting people from the door.

She inquired about to visit take a look at your opportunity online, which I did. Things i found was, needless to say, your chance detail. Other than that, nothing. No virtual tour. No scheduled open houses for Realtors or people. Only a short write-up and a series of dimly-lit, blurry pictures of the house which in fact had clearly been taken using a smart phone. I said to my buddy, “he hired a buddy… didn’t he.” And certainly, he previously. Skip forward to months later, additional marketing done on the seller’s initiative (and expense, if you can accept it) and, as memory serves, at least one otherwise two price reductions. The home sold, however it took far too long, and ultimately it selected less than it was worth.

Why? Because someone hired an associate who been a Guelph Realtor without first a little basic steps to determine if his pal would be a good Realtor.

I’m not to imply don’t work with a friend. Beyond family you'll find nothing more valuable in my experience than my close friendships. However, buying or selling a property is a large financial commitment and you’ve got to get it done right, both around the buy and also the sell. Which means: Work with a good Realtor. If she or he is your friend, awesome. Speak about a win-win! One of the upsides to having a friend is that, presumably, she or he knows you inside and out, and you know that person has your back. Both of them are vitally important when you are buying or selling a home in Guelph.

But there may be downsides, too, and the main the first is this: Imagine if your friend really isn’t the best person to do the job?

Here are your two best options, when i see it:

1. Hire Your Friend - however only after you’ve asked her or him to execute a formal presentation, and only if they has truly impressed you. Educate friend that you're interviewing three (or whatever number) agents and the man or she actually is one of them. If that friend is offended, so be it - however i would debate that any true professional in this business doesn’t take offense at being inspired to “win” someone’s business. It’s area of the job.

2. Ask Your Friend to touch on One to Someone Else - if you're certain you don’t wish to mix personal and business. As Realtors, we have the opportunity to refer clients to colleagues, and in doing so we typically be given a percentage of that other Realtor’s fees. Making this a means that you should opt out of getting the friend fully handle your case directly, but nevertheless give him some credit and also the opportunity to have fun with the transaction in a very arms-length way. And it’s much easier to hear, “We really would like somebody that isn’t a friend, because that's complicated - but we’d like you to get a referral fee… aren't is it possible to recommend?” versus, “We felt awkward and just called so-and-so.”

Every case differs, each friendship is exclusive - so make use of best judgement. But never just ‘give’ someone your company when it comes to something this important.

To learn more about real estate agent from Guelph have a look at the best web site: look at here now